MCC Toronto is set to begin Phase 2 Building Fund renovations by the end of May.
Enabled by donations through ELEVATION – MCC Toronto Campaign, a historic $5 million fundraising Campaign that has already raised $4.75 million, Phase 2 will see significant and much-need renovations to our Main Floor public spaces outside our Sanctuary.
Renovations to the spaces include:
- New windows to be installed along the Simpson Avenue ramp.
- The demolition of the stage and stairs and the installation of a new curved wooden wall to serve as the new focal point for programs and activities in the Social Hall.
- New flooring and lighting in the Social Hall; the entirety of the Social Hall will be painted to make it more warm and welcoming for future congregational and public programming and new air circulation features will be installed.
- The creation of a new Information/Reception desk beside the elevator.
- A new Facilities Manager office space and a dedicated new space for the Alter Guild (in the former room 100).
- New storage space in the hallway behind the stage wall, accessible from behind the new curved wall feature.
The creation of new modular meeting and programming spaces to replace the current configuration of rooms 109, 110 and 111, and the installation of new energy efficient windows for these spaces. Among uses in these renovated spaces will be a new Children’s Room and nursery.
The renovations are expected to take five months.
During the construction period, temporary corridors will be built in the Social Hall to allow congregants with mobility issues continued access to the elevator and Sanctuary. Congregants attending Worship Services can also now enter through the Sanctuary doors at Simpson Ave. and Howland Rd.
Our Facilities Manager Mark Asselin recently did a walk-through video of the renovation plan. You can watch it below.
MCC Toronto is enormously grateful to the donors to the ELEVATION Campaign who are making these renovations possible. Read more about the Campaign here. Within the ELEVATION Campaign, MCC Toronto has recently launched a dedicated Congregational Campaign that will be fund improvements to our beloved Sanctuary. Read more here!