Metropolitan Community Church of Toronto
Manager of Communications and Development
MCC Toronto has long been at the forefront of shaping Canada’s values of human rights, diversity and inclusion. We are a vibrant, inclusive, and progressive church, a place of action and a world-renowned Human Rights organization. While MCC Toronto is rooted in the Christian tradition and the LGBTQ2+ community, it is growing into much more both inside and beyond our walls. We now sit on the cusp of an exciting transformational change and are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic communications and fundraising expert who will help take us to a new level of success.
You will be a valued part of our management team and will lead our efforts to regularly share the impact of our innovative programs. You know what it takes to increase the level of community connection, excitement and engagement. Your leadership will be critical in helping us to inspire
people to combine their talents, time and resources to transform lives.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, and working closely with the Senior Pastor on communications, your specific responsibilities include:
• Developing detailed and tactical communication plans.
• Managing all communication platforms including website, social media, print and eNews.
• Preparing media releases and managing media relations.
• Leading the (re)development of communications materials (on-line and printed) that better support organizational goals and are reflective of our dynamic nature.
• Supporting the implementation of our Annual Fundraising Plan, including the creation of successful special events, donor recognition and a direct mail program.
Qualifications and competencies:
• Minimum 4 years communication and fundraising experience in a nonprofit environment.
• Demonstrated success in developing and executing multi-channel communication plans.
• Experience in evaluating and improving communication effectiveness.
• An exceptional and compelling writer.
• Familiarity with WordPress and the Adobe Suite.
• Membership in professional marketing or fundraising associations considered an asset.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate a passion for social justice and human rights, be sensitive to diversity in sexual orientation, gender expression, race, country of origin and physical/mental abilities. This is a full-time position. The compensation range is $60,000 to
$70,000 commensurate with experience. Please email your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 14, 2019. Interviews with qualified candidates may begin before application deadline. We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.