This fund supports community groups that are championing local issues. Grants of up to $5,000 are awarded bi-annually. We invite grant applications from organizations whose vision and mission are closely aligned with our own, with special emphasis on LGBTQ2+ issues, Social Justice and Health programs.
Thanks to the generosity of the Community Outreach Partners in our congregation, between 2004-14, MCC Toronto has given approximately $120,000 to 29 organizations through this program.
- Grants could be awarded for project or core operating expenses.
- Organizations are only eligible for one grant within a 5 year time frame.
- Organizations are asked to communicate the source of the grant to its membership.
- Grants must be disbursed within the GTA.
- Selection of grant recipients will be based on a) available funds and b) applicants who meet the qualifications.
PROCEDURES FOR ADMINSTERING THE FUND
- MCC Toronto accepts applications for funding for projects up to $5,000.
- The Senior Pastor’s Office will contact the successful applicant and arrange for the cheque presentation.
- MCC Toronto invites the successful applicant to join us during one of our Sunday worship services so we can celebrate with them and present their cheque.
In general, the grant applications will be accepted and selected twice a year in May and November. The selection committee will be the Senior Pastor, Vice Moderator of the Board, and an additional person selected by the Senior Pastor and the Vice Moderator of the Board.