Metropolitan Community Church of Toronto (
This Facility Manager position reports to the Executive Director. This is a part-time position of approximately 20 hours per week located at 115 Simpson Avenue. We are looking for an individual who has led teams of people who help us ensure our facilities are clean, safe, welcoming and cost-effectively maintained.
Given the demanding nature of this position, the successful candidate will have the ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor when faced with highly urgent and stressful situations brought about by the facility needs of a large and diverse community. In addition, the ability to respect diversity and inclusion is a critical success factor.
Primary responsibilities include:
1) Maintaining the building’s mechanical systems by conducting regular inspections and preventative maintenance. Key systems include HVAC, elevator, electrical & lighting, cooking, plumbing and ventilation;
2) Supervise and evaluate the performance of the contracted cleaning company and the snow removal vendor
3) Manage our garbage and recycling facilities.
4) Ensure all needed repairs are conducted in a timely fashion
5) Ensure our kitchen and meeting rooms are properly set up for daily use
6) Ensure the security needs of the church are being properly looked after
7) Manage the facility related budgets (utilities, repairs & maintenance, supplies, rentals etc.)
8) Act as building superintendent, coordinating access and other requirements for Church groups, and rental usage of the facility.
9) Develop and manage renovation plans as funding permits
10) Support the facility needs of our major events (on-site and off-site).
You have at least 5 years of leadership experience in a facility management role. You have excellent conflict management and problem-solving skills. You have extensive experience in selecting reliable vendors to perform specialized work. You’re able to lead teams of volunteers that require supervision and support. You’re capable of completing small repairs quickly and effectively. Lastly, you are highly collaborative and a natural communicator that appreciates the vital role communication plays in keeping people well-connected to those we serve.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join an organization that plays a unique role in the local community and is passionate about its growing value to the world. This is a contract position and compensation details will be shared with qualified candidates.
Please send resume with cover letter to Shelly Morris, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 16, 2018.