News from the MCC Toronto Board of Directors
As part of our continuing commitment to be transparent and timely in communicating with our members and congregants we want to highlight some of our recent activities. Your Board meets bi-monthly and works to provide you with the key items arising from our meetings. In addition, you can find a variety of Board documents and congregational communications here.
KPI (Key Performance Indicators)
- We see consistent growth in online attendance. Of the total viewers, half attend live on Sunday morning and the other half view the archived Service later in the week.
- The total number of weekly online viewers is close to the 2019 in-person attendance.
- There are a significant number of viewers who have never attended MCC Toronto in person and are letting us know how much they are enjoying our Sunday Service. We are optimistic that they will want to join us live once we resume on-site Services.
- Donations: Plate donations have of course been impossible since March 2020, but since then, online donations have at least consistently been higher.
- 2020 online donations exceeded 2019 donations.
- We are thrilled by the width and depth of the generosity of our supporters. In conjunction with federal government income supplements and savings due to staff vacancies, we expect a minimal deficit to be reported on our 2020 audited statements.
- This is quite a remarkable accomplishment considering all the restrictions that Rev. Jeff and the MCC team have had to work within this last year.
- An outstanding job has been done by all. Thank you.
Sr. Pastors report
- We are at the beginning stage of creating a committee to further develop the Human Rights activity at MCC Toronto. They will help lead the discussion of how we can focus on putting our faith into action while building on our legacy of advocacy. In the past, we have supported the extension of gay/lesbian rights in the Ontario Human Rights Code, AIDs care, established the Triangle Program, encouraged the recognition of same-sex benefits and eventual right to equal marriage, and continued our Refugee program. Where do we focus next?
- Exciting News: We are thrilled with our selection of the new Associate Pastor of Programs and Congregational Care. Welcome, June.
Remember that your board represents and is responsible to you, the congregation. If you have questions or concerns you can contact us via a confidential email at email@example.com.
Categorized in: Board Documents