Onsite Celebration Sunday Worship Services have returned to MCC Toronto with a new start time of 10:30 AM for a maximum of 150 attendees. To ensure a safe experience for all and to minimize risks, we have developed new stringent protocols (informed in consultation with public health officials) and are strongly encouraging people wishing to attend Onsite Services going forward to pre-register before every Service (see information on how to pre-register below).
We implore folks with pre-existing health conditions, or those at greater risk, to not return to Onsite Worship Services at this time. For you, we are maintaining our high-quality Online Worship Service (at 11:00 AM) with the same Lesson for Life and Virtual Choir that will be featured in the Onsite Worship Service. You can watch our live-streamed Online Worship Services at www.YouTube.com/MCCTorontoTV.
9 AM and 7 PM Worship Services remain suspended for now.
If you would like to attend our Onsite Celebration Worship Services, please read and familiarize yourself with the protocols below and recognize that you attend at your own risk.
CONTACT TRACING, REGISTRATION, AND SCREENING :
- The ability to provide contact tracing of Onsite Worship attendees in the event of COVID-19 exposure is required by the Province of Ontario and will be done using an online form to pre-register and screen congregants.
- We strongly encourage congregants to pre-register to guarantee a seat for Onsite Worship as there is a reduced capacity of 150 individuals per Service.
- Pre-registration will open Friday morning at 10 AM when The Query, our electronic newsletter, is distributed with that coming Sunday’s unique registration form weblink. Pre-registration closes Saturday night at 11:59 PM or when 150 individuals have pre-registered.
- If you haven’t already signed up for The Query please do so at mcctoronto.com at the bottom of the home page.
- If you do not have online access, pre-registration can be done in cooperation with MCC Toronto over the phone at 416-406-6228 x107 on Fridays between 10 AM and 2 PM.
- All personal information used in registration and screening will be used for contact tracing purposes only and will be kept private and confidential.
- Consider downloading the Government of Canada COVID-19 Alert App for your smartphone, available in the Apple App Store and Google Play to assist in contact tracing.
- If you have been tested positive for COVID-19 since joining one of our Onsite Worship Services, please contact email@example.com.
NEW ON-SITE SERVICE PROTOCOLS:
RESPECT: The most important protocol for living in a world with COVID-19 is RESPECT. Remember we are all doing the best we can right now to create a worship experience that is safe and meaningful for all. Respect volunteers, staff, and these protocols at all times.
PRE-REGISTRATION and PRE-SCREENING: Please pre-register for Onsite Worship every week between Friday at 10 AM and Saturday at 11:59 PM Only pre-registered congregants will be guaranteed admittance due to a limited seating capacity of 30% occupancy (~150 people per service).
ON TIME: If you are pre-registered and pre-screened, please arrive at worship from 10:00-10:20 AM. We cannot guarantee entrance once the service has begun. Those who have not pre-registered may do so at this time if there is still space available.
MASKS: A non-medical cloth mask that covers mouth and nose is required to be worn at all times including while waiting in line to enter as per City of Toronto bylaws. Congregants are asked to provide their own mask if possible.
ENTRANCE: Admittance to the building will be via the ramped door on Simpson Avenue only. There will be two lines, one for pre-registered and pre-screened congregants for whom there is reserved seating, and one for those who have not pre-registered and will be admitted after 10:20 if there is still room available. If you have accessibility needs or requirements and waiting in line is a challenge, please inform a line volunteer.
REGISTRATION: Once you’ve entered the building, volunteers will sanitize your hands, check you in and confirm your COVID screening, and direct you to the south Sanctuary doors.
WASHROOMS: Please consider using the gendered washrooms downstairs if you are comfortable and able to free up the accessible upstairs all-gender washrooms for those who need them. If you need to use the washroom, please exit by the north sanctuary doors and return by the south sanctuary doors.
SEATING: Please sit where you are instructed by volunteers. Those with accessibility needs will be asked to sit on main floor (filling in the north side first), those who are able to climb stairs will be are asked to fill the balcony first via the back staircase.
SEATMATES: Please arrive with and sit with members of your household bubble only and do not intermingle with other household bubbles (for the purposes of registration, your “bubble” is considered those you live with). There is a maximum of 5 people in the same bubble per pew.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Please maintain a distance of 2 metres from those outside of your household bubble at all times, including in line, while entering, and exiting.
CONGREGATIONAL SINGING AND SPEAKING: Congregational singing and responsive prayers are not permitted due to increased droplet transmission risk. The Choir of MCC Toronto will continue to share music on screen and soloists will offer music in person, but singing including the Jesus Prayer is not permitted for the time being.
COMMUNION: Communion is a symbolic meal of community and the coming together with our Creator God. We will continue communion, however it will be held without elements and will be a communion of spirit.
CLOSE CONTACT: Elements of the worship wervice that require close contact have been suspended as per Toronto Public Health regulations and will be replaced by special blessings.This includes the “anointing for healing” and “hand of friendship.”
CHILDREN: People of all ages are welcome to worship with us and are asked to stay with their household bubble for the duration of worship. Children’s Church and Nursery Services are not permitted for the time being as per Toronto Public Health regulations. Children under the age of two are not required to wear a mask.
COFFEE HOUR: Our Coffee Hour is going virtual and will happen every Sunday at Noon on ZOOM to allow those who attend our Onsite Worship Service to return home and join with those who have participated in our Online Worship Service so that we can create a seamless congregation.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.