Hello from the Community Care Ministry (CCM). Since the program’s launch in January, CCM has been busy creating volunteer teams that will create the CCM programs.
Below is a list of our accomplishments and work-in-progress. A reminder, CCM programs will include Prayer and Accompaniment, Support for People Grieving, Mental Health and Wellness and Support for our Overall Community.
Volunteer Information Sessions were held with twenty-five people in attendance. On March 12th Deacons and other volunteers participated in a workshop. The objective of the workshop was to identify:
- Congregational “care” services provided by the Deacons and opportunities to enhance services;
- New services that could be offered by the Prayer and Accompaniment Program
Team work was prioritized, specifically:
- Review how Deacons communicate with congregants with an eye to enhancing processes;
- Develop a communication plan for CCM;
- Develop a CCM website to showcase CCM programs and provide support to volunteers;
- Develop a CCM template for documenting principles, policies and procedures.
Search for a partner to train Grief Support volunteers;
Create a feasibility framework for CCM’s Mental Health, Wellness and Addiction program;
Investigate the need for Healthy Aging and Creating Strong Relationships programs. Want to learn more about CCM opportunities? Contact Carmen Llanos or Bryan Blenkin at [email protected]